Wednesday 4 April 2012

Advertising your sign business

Today I was travelling out to Norwood Ontario with my good friend Jamie from Oxenham Design and met with a lovely couple that sell tools and accessories. Dave and Mary sat with us discussing many different projects and experiences from over the years. Dave and Jamie were in a very deep and intricate discussion over CNC work and programming while Mary and I discussed some of the signs they have created. I asked if they put their business logo on any of the signs that they produce as they do very good work. I was surprised to hear that they don't. When I inquired as to why not, she said that it was something that they really hadn't thought of doing but should. I agree that it is something that we all as sign businesses should do. When I first started my business I felt awkward about putting my logo on the signs I produce. I now realize that it is a necessity to get yourself known. Anyone that likes your signs only needs to look briefly to see who manufactured it and can move on throughout their busy schedule. Yes they could go into the business or go up and knock on the door of the house that you've done an elaborate name plate for but it can be awkward not to mention that the business may be on off hours. It's your work, be proud, advertise yourself through your hard work.
Stay creative my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment