Wednesday 29 May 2013

Vinyl application to an uneven surface

I recently had a customer approach me about monogramming his luggage with vinyl decals. After looking at the surface of his Samsonite luggage I knew the vinyls wouldn't adhere at all. I had some 5 minute epoxy by Lepage kicking around so I figured what the heck. Let's make this work. I completed up the design and put a boundary box on the letters and used the weeded section as a mask for the epoxy. 


 After about 3 minutes or so when the epoxy had started to kick, I removed the masked section to expose just the epoxy
 

After letting it set for a couple more minutes the vinyl was applied. I didn't use transfer tape for this application but if you want to I would suggest dulling it a bit first.
 

As always, have a great day and stay creative my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment