Wednesday 21 December 2011

Airbrushing for a cause part3

The guitar has had approximately 24 hours for the paint to cure now so I don't need to worry about embedding fingerprints into the finish. I cut a mask for the letters out of clear vinyl so I could line them up perfectly on the edge of the guitar. I dropped a base coat of red to start as this was going to be my primary colour. I ran a fadeout strip of silver pearl across the top third and a fadeout of yellow across the bottom third. One thin strip of the red back across the centre to intensify the red again and it brought the pop back into it. The 1in5 lettering I kept with just red and black lowlights. Here it is


Well, after removing all of the masking, this is what it looks like before the finish coating which will be applied later on today. Looking like about 5 to 6 coats of clear should give a bullet smooth finish. Patience is going to be the hardest part of everything on this because the clear is going to have to completely cure before I can begin reassembly. I'm dying to see it all together. 



Stay creative my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment