Sunday 18 December 2011

A different application

The joys of working with vinyl are the limitless applications that it provides. I've been airbrushing for the last day and a half. I can remember the times when I did this without using vinyl and cutting the masks were a nightmare. Now if I want a specific shape I can do this out of a low tack vinyl and just send it to the cutter. Perfect every time. The uses of vinyl amaze me because just when you think you've seen it all, another use creeps up and bops you on the head. I still remember showing up at the emergency ward one time with a vinyl bandage. The doctor laughed at me but hey, it worked. I didn't have any bandages and it was something I had on hand. Sorry, bad pun. Never be afraid to try something new. If it works then you have one more thing under your belt. If it doesn't, then try it a different way. Don't be afraid to tell people what you know. The same can be said as well to approaching different crafting shows, Cut templates for stained glass windows. cut patterns to be applied to a substrate for quilting. The sky is the limit but that limit is determined by how far you want to go with it.
Stay creative my friends, 'till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment